20081219



Three Kings
approximately 8" x 9"
oil pastel on paper

I made this piece in the early Fall. Don't let the title push you into a certain mindset. This is an abstract piece and the interpretation is flexible. I consider the title as a place to begin appreciation. I'll share what I think, but perhaps you would care to take a moment to make your own interpretation before reading mine:


When I made this piece I was thinking about cities, and I wanted to create an image where the buildings seemed like people. I didn't want to clearly depict a city, but rather the sense of commotion and vertigo. I didn't want the buildings to look exactly like people but I wanted them to have a human-like posture, like a group of statesman questioning somebody (or should I say an auto executive?) Above all, I wanted the image to be simple.


If you have the time, on this cold snowy day, I'd like to read what you think when you see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment